Crawl Spaces in Chattanooga have been always around, but they became increasingly popular when homeowners started to recognize the improved convenience they have. Compared to the conventional floor setups and concrete floors, crawlspaces granted easy access to the plumbing setup and air ducts, and repairing them became effortless. Moreover, crawlspaces were also used as a storage facility. However, like any good thing in the world, crawlspaces also have its fair share of problems: trapped moisture, vermin, termites, and carpenter ants; invasion of wildlife and accumulation of foul gases to name a few.
Waterproofing Crawl Space Chattanooga
I’ve been doing crawl space encapsulation in Chattanooga for more than two decades now. A good number of correspondences I have addressed were always concerning the foul smell and bad odors that are generated from crawlspaces. It’s imperative to recognize the root causes behind such foul odors and we need to work on strategies that will eliminate the root causes. Crawlspace encapsulation is relatively a new technique which will help you to protect your crawl space, and the health of your family. However, you need to know how to choose the right encapsulation system for your home.
By encapsulating your crawl space, you no longer have to worry about rodents or other wild animals invading your crawl space, moisture accumulation, termites and foul smell that was haunting you for long. A Do-It-Yourself encapsulation kit will undisputedly help you to protect your home from unwanted disasters.
Addressing Moisture, Mold and Radon Gas in Basements and Crawl Spaces With Application of a Deep-Pen
I've been in the crawl space business for 15 years and I've seen almost every system you could imagine - from spray foams to concrete to thin plastic sheets. Some are better than others, but the only real way to encapsulate the area beneath your home is to install a liner with zero permeability.
What is Zero Perm?
Zero Perm means just that absolutely no water, moisture, radon gas or odors will penetrate through it. Tests have to show 0.000 penetration of Hydrogen gas (the smallest gas molecule) through the membrane. The whole idea of spending the money to encapsulate the crawl space or basement is to STOP water, moisture, radon gas and any unpleasant odors. Liners that are 6, 12 and 20mil thick are NOT Zero Perm and will still let in harmful gasses as well as letting in moisture that will only continue to feed the mold and bugs that try to get in your home.
What Else Should I Look for in a Liner?
If you are going to spend the time & money to install a crawl space liner look for more benefits as well as zero permeability. Look for liners that are
- Energy Star Rated to get a 30% Tax Credit back on your purchase
- R Value of 5 to add insulation & increase your heating/ cooling efficiency
- Reflectivity value of 97% to prevent radiant heat loss
- Class A / Class 1 fire rating
Homeowners all over are finding that improving the homes they have is more cost effective than buying new. Some homeowners like the fact that they can save money by doing the work themselves and some still prefer to have someone else do the installation. Either way, using a Zero Perm, Energy Star Rated encapsulation system is a great way to pre-finish a basement or any area underneath your home.
Crawlspace Vapor Barrier Installation
Crawl space is one of the most fundamental areas in every home which needs to be kept extremely clean. This is the reason why people go for crawl space encapsulation kits, as these liners make your crawl space extremely clean by keeping away insects, water logging and bad odor. However, the market displays numerous encapsulation kits in different qualities.
Good quality encapsulation kits are more expensive than the cheaper ones, but the cheaper ones are much weaker when it comes to quality. Unfortunately, in my extensive experience in this industry, I have noticed that people are attracted to cheaper ones and choose them for their encapsulation. However, they regret later when the whole thing fails to deliver what it promises.
This undoubtedly is the reason why I suggest using DIY encapsulation kits to save a considerable amount of money. How? It is not only the DIY kit that is expensive, but what's more expensive are the labor charges that come along with it. Labor charges have been increasing higher than ever, and this is the reason why it costs you as much as the encapsulation kits itself. However, if you opt for using DIY encapsulation kit you can save a considerable amount of money that you might spend on labor charges.
Moreover, you can also do your encapsulation at the convenience of your time, patience and energy. You do not have to wait for the professional to arrive at your home, analyze your crawl space and then start the job. Sometimes, this may take longer than you even expect it to finish. This undisputedly becomes the reason why people are more open to taking up DIY kit, as this can finish up their crawl space encapsulation as fast as possible.
What's more? Choosing a DIY kit will help you to ascertain the quality of your liner and the credibility it comes with when protecting your home. By choosing this kit you can take your time and choose the one that suits your preferences and is a permanent solution to your problems. If you leave this to the dealer, you cannot be sure on the quality of liners they will be using and the credibility of their service.
By doing the encapsulation yourself you can be sure that you have done it perfectly and can also alter some changes according to your preference. Hiring a professional will not only take your time and money, but may not be as flexible as you may think.
Crawl space DIY kits are readily available in the market and all you need to do is to research a bit on the types available. Remember, to choose a good quality liner because it all depends on the quality of the liner when it comes to completing the protection of your house.
If you crawl space is in need of repair, Crawl Space Masters can help!
- Crawl Space Repair Clifton Hills TN
- Crawl Space Insulation Piney Woods TN
- Clean Crawl Space Bushtown TN
- Basement Waterproofing Orchard Village TN
- Crawl Space Moisture Control East Lake TN
- Crawl Space Moisture Control Hixson TN
- Crawl Space Repair Ridgeside TN
- Clean Crawl Space Red Bank TN
- Wet Crawl Space Alpine Heights TN
- Basement Waterproofing Oak Hill TN
- Clean Crawl Space East Ridge TN
- Crawl Space Waterproofing Hill City TN
- Crawl Space Repair Northside TN
- Crawl Space Waterproofing Bal Habor TN
- Crawl Space Moisture Control Eastdale TN
- Waterproofing Crawl Space Northbriar TN
- Wet Crawl Space Glass Farms TN
- Wet Crawl Space Gaylon Heights TN
- Crawl Space Insulation Crestway TN
- Crawl Space Encapsulation Sunshine TN
- Crawl Space Moisture Control Mooremont Manor TN
- Clean Crawl Space Concord Audobon TN
- Crawl Space Encapsulation Avondale TN
- Wet Crawl Space Tyner TN
- Crawl Space Repair Orchard Knob TN
- Clean Crawl Space Colonial Shores TN
- Crawl Space Remediation North Shore TN
- Clean Crawl Space Stuart Heights TN
- Crawl Space Encapsulation Rivermont TN
- Crawl Space Insulation Norcross Hills TN
- Crawl Space Waterproofing Waldon TN
- Crawl Space Waterproofing Fairmont TN
- Clean Crawl Space Falling Water TN
- Crawl Space Moisture Control Missionary Ridge TN
- Waterproofing Crawl Space Bluff View TN